Brown Girls, a debut novel. Published on Jan. 4th, 2022, w/ Random House (U.S) & internationally:
- UK & Commonwealth (India, Australia, South Africa, and more) – Fourth Estate Books/HarperCollins. Feb. 3rd, 2022 for hardcover; Jan. 4th, 2022 for ebook and audiobook.
- France – Les Escales. Forthcoming January 2023.
- Germany – Luchterhand. Forthcoming.
The Best Short Stories 2021: The O.Henry Prize Winners. Edited by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie. Anchor Books/Penguin Random House. September 2021.
Unpublishable. Edited by Etan Nechin and Chris Molnar, published by Archway Editions/Simon & Schuster. October 2020.
Judith and Holofernes. Narrative Magazine.
Brown Girls. Kenyon Review.
“The lives of young women of color from Queens, New York leap off these pages through a collective voice that feels at once frank and poetic, unexpected yet warmly familiar…With every stirring image and tight, musical turn of phrase, this story charmed, often surprised, and deeply moved me.” –Mia Alvar, author of In the Country: Stories, and judge of The Kenyon Review’s 2019 Short Fiction Contest (scroll to read the 2019 comments), where an excerpt of Brown Girls won 1st place!
- Awarded an O.Henry Prize for Best Short Stories of 2021. Selected by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie.
- Awarded 1st Place in Kenyon Review‘s 2019 Short Fiction Contest. Judged by Mia Alvar.
- An interview with KR Conversations about my process writing “Brown Girls.”
- BG was featured in VQR Online‘s The Best 200 Words I Read All Week, selected by Assistant Editor Heidi Seigrist.
- An audio recording of BG on KR Out Loud.
Panagbenga. Kweli Journal.
Dreaming In Tongues. Joyland.
Be. Encounters. *Awarded 1st Place, Sidney Harman Fiction Writers’ Competition, judged by Mary Gaitskill.
First Day. Encounters. *Awarded 3rd Place, Sidney Harman Fiction Writers’ Competition, judged by Allegra Goodman.
Coconut Milk Angel, Goodnight. Encounters. *Awarded 2nd Place, Sidney Harman Fiction Writers’ Competition, judged by Katherine Vaz.
The Vertical Interrogation of Nurses. The Margins / Asian American Writers’ Workshop.
- Nominated for a 2022 Pushcart Prize.
- One of twenty-five pieces selected by The Margins editors for their annual “Best of” anthology.
My Neighborhood, After the Shooting. The Cut / New York Magazine.
Interview with Debut Author Jean Kyoung Frazier. Electric Literature.
Interview with Debut Author Mary South. Electric Literature.
Interview with Debut Author Alexandra Chang. Apogee Journal.
Interview with Debut Author Jeannie Vanasco. Columbia Journal.
18 Books to Read for AAPI Month. The Cut.